Most of you might be guilty about making a healthy breakfast the last thing on your morning to-do list, or worse, it might not be on your list at all. But a healthy breakfast refuels your body, jump-starts your day and may even benefit your overall health.
This quick and easy recipe will give you what exactly counts as a healthy breakfast.
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Press cancel.
- Stir in apple. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will thicken upon standing). Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans.