New Year's Resolutions Can Be Attained With These Wellness Tips

A newfound sense of hope and, in many cases, a (re)commitment to personal health and wellness accompany the start of a new year. You're not alone if you're wanting to better your overall health and quality of life. In fact, resolutions centered on health and wellbeing are among the most popular! While we all have good intentions, Forbes reports that just 8% of people stick to their New Year's plans. The remaining 92 percent are more likely to fail because their resolutions are either too stringent, too ambitious, or plain unrealistic. To help you get started on the right foot in the New Year of 2022, we've compiled a list of basic wellness guidelines to get you started and keep you on track as you work toward greater health!

1. Make SMART objectives. Setting the correct goals can assist you in taking effective actions toward reaching them. 

SMART Goal - Definition, Guide, and Importance of Goal Setting

2. Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. Longevity, disease prevention, and overall wellness have all been linked to eating a range of colored fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables should be consumed at every meal and snack.

Fruits And Vegetables: Super-food Secrets For A Healthy Life

3. Always have healthful snacks on hand. It's simpler to fight cravings for salty, sweet, processed, unhealthy snacks when nutritious food is around. Fresh fruits and vegetables, dehydrated fruits, nuts and seeds, protein bars, and popcorn are all excellent choices. Check the nutrition details on any prepackaged items before eating them, as several snack foods that appear to be healthy are actually high in sugar, sodium, and/or preservatives.

4. Drink a lot of water. Dehydration impairs the body's ability to function and perform at its best. Drinking water can help you feel more energized, flush out toxins, enhance your skin's appearance, and strengthen your immunity. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.

5. Household cleaners should be made from healthy and natural ingredients. Instead of using harsh, hazardous cleaners, use vinegar and water to clean countertops and baking soda to cut oil. Alternatively, check for cleansers that have more natural components.

6. Be active every day. Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity each day. Get your body moving every day, whether it's by walking, running, yoga, or working out.

7. Relax and re-energize. Allow yourself a few minutes each day to refresh. Make a spot in your home where you may relax. Unplug from everything and take some time to just be, whether it's to pray, meditate, or journal.

8. Start your day with a warm, hydrating, and nutritious beverage. While most people prefer coffee, alkalize your system by sipping warm water with lemon. There are other apple cider vinegar drinks that can be consumed in the morning for the same reason. Drink these before your coffee and breakfast for instant energy and to rehydrate your body before your coffee, as coffee is a diuretic and dehydrates you.

Easy way to prepare hot lemon water

9. Consume more beans. Beans are abundant in fiber as well as a good source of protein. Benefit from the addition of beans or lentils to soups, salads, and side dishes.

Why Do Beans Cause Intestinal Gas?

10. Make your own mantra or power phrase. Our mind is a strong weapon, and we can get trapped thinking negative thoughts from time to time. Mantras are an excellent method to change your viewpoint when you're feeling low. To get you started, consider the following mantras: "Be a warrior, not a worrier," "Be in love with your life," and "Don't ruin a wonderful day today by thinking about a bad day yesterday." Take your time and come up with a mantra that speaks to you.

Let's work together to make 2022 a fantastic year!


Share this post

Leave a comment

Note, comments must be approved before they are published